Saturday, February 23, 2008

Snow Day

I used to imagine having a snow day, when I could spend the day with someone, just cuddling and watching movies and getting takeout... and other indoor activities that are appropriate when it snows. I've never had that. Either I've never been dating someone during snow days, or the other person wasn't off of work, or it was too hard to get to the other person's place.

Yesterday was the first snow day of the year. I was ecstatic to be off of school because it was so unexpected. I texted WAG in the morning when I found out I was off to see if his school was closed as well. We had plans to hang out last night, and I figured if we were both off, we could push that up a few hours. He was off too, and we agreed we'd hang out earlier. Because I once got into a bad accident in the snow, I have a fear of driving on bad roads. I know my new car doesn't handle great in the rain, and I didn't want to risk it in the snow. I told him that I was nervous about driving down there because of the roads, and to get to his house there are some back, windy roads that I was sure would not be clear. He offered to come pick me up, since he drives an SUV, and isn't afraid of driving in the snow. This was perfect for me, and he picked me up around 2 in the afternoon. We went to the movie store and picked out 3 movies, one neither of us had seen, one I hadn't seen but he had, and one he hadn't seen but I had. It was a good compromise. We stopped at Wawa for snacks and drinks, and then back to his place. The rest of the day consisted of watching the movies, ordering take-out, cuddling, making out, and one thing leading to another. One thing I can say is that we are extremely compatible in bed, and this is very important to me. There was a lot I didn't write about CK, but we were NOT compatible sexually, and it really was a downer on the relationship. For first times, WAG beats out the Israeli who was the front runner before him. I'm pretty pleased with that. If he wants a girlfriend and can keep this up, I'm willing to play that part.

Needless to say, I spent the night, and in the morning he attempted to make breakfast. After not being able to find a frying pan, and a botched attempt at scrambled eggs in the microwave, I had half a pop-tart, and he had some sausage. After breakfast, we laid around some more, and just enjoyed each other's company for the remainder of the morning. After quite some time, I finally got around to having him drive me home, and it was a long, slow goodbye. After spending nearly 24 hours with a person, I usually am ready for a break. If my sister wasn't coming into town this weekend, I probably could have spent my entire weekend there. That might have been overkill, and we're definitely rushing things. It just feels right at the moment. Yes, there are a lot of ways that he doesn't match what I thought I'm looking for, but everyday that seems to matter less and less.

We had a lot of long talks this week, as usually happens when two people only spend time with each other. I know a lot about his past relationships, and his past experience. He's already told me that he doesn't date more than one girl at a time, so that makes me feel guilty about my date for Monday. I scheduled it before I even met WAG a week ago (it was one of the Sunday dates that was postponed), and while I don't anticipate liking this guy more than this one, I'm not closing off my options just yet.

P.S. I don't like the blog name WAG... it doesn't flow with the writing, if anyone can come up with something better, please by all means, post suggestions!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Call him the snow day guy

Debbie said...

Logan's name suggestion sucks! I expected more from our dear "Hoagie-Head"...come on now! Snow Day Guy?! I think your brother's name for him is perfect (no pun intended..haha). Glad things are going well w/this one :o)

Anonymous said...

What did her brother suggest?