Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Chin Up

I did hang out with the Chin on Saturday, and as expected it was completely 100% platonic. He came over to my place, and my parents were in California for the weekend, so if ever there was a time that something could have happened.... that would have been it. However, he came over around 5ish, we watched some movies, ate pizza, drank beer, and then he left. Nothing romantic or intimate about it at all. I think it was good for me because before Saturday I had all these unresolved emotions towards the Chin. After seeing him, I'm not really so sure what I was so caught up with in the first place. I'm pretty sure I like the idea of him a lot more than I was actually liking him. So now that it is resolved, I'm quite content moving on. Will that be the last of the the big Chin? I don't know, but I am definitely not interested in trying so hard anymore.

I have two dates scheduled for this weekend. I have one on Friday and one on Sunday. I'm not really looking forward to either one of them, as I don't think either is a good match for me. The one on Friday REALLY wants a girlfriend. And the fact that I know that before going out with him does not speak well for how reserved he's being. Sunday's date seems nice enough, but I'm not sure that I feel any kind of connection to him. We talked on the phone last night, but it wasn't really a great connection on either part. So... we'll see how they go, I'm going into them feeling like I just need to get through them... I guess I'll just have to keep a positive attitude, and eh... chin up, I guess.

2 comments:

Debbie said...

Yay for new dates! GOOD-BYE CHIN BOY!!!! I think you had a good connection with Chin Boy at first, so that's why you wanted it to work out so badly. It was your first good connection after CK. No worries...you'll have more connections :o)

Logan said...

You should go on one of those dating game shows. Or better yet, one of those dating reality shows like Rock of Love.