Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Cheating.

I am not cheating on anyone. I just want to put that out there, because my conscious tells me otherwise. I went on a date last night who was not WAG (Updated: he has been renamed "Mr. Perfect" by my brother - irony is everything.) and even though Mr. P and I are not exclusively dating, I felt really really guilty. I had met this guy on Match before I went on my first date with Mr. Perfect, and I thought he seemed ok. I definitely wanted to meet him, but once things picked up with Mr. Perfect I was hoping things with this other guy would just fade and he'd forget about going out. However, that wasn't the case, and I decided after Mr. P told me in passing on Sunday night that he wasn't going to take his Match.com profile down - at least for 6 months, that maybe I should look into other options. We hung out on Sunday night at his place, watched some tv, but mostly didn't watch the tv... it was a really nice night. Nothing noteworthy really to blog about. He still makes me happy, and I'm pretty content with him. So why should I be dating anyone else? Maybe because I'm addicted? Or maybe because I have so many guards up that I am just waiting for the other shoe to drop and can continue my habitual dating patterns.

Back to last night's date. The other guy is in law school at Drexel. He's shorter than me, small in stature, and I didn't feel like we had any real connection. He had mentioned before that he was really shy, but it seemed less like shyness and more like disinterest. However, he kept wanting to prolong the date. We met for drinks at a bar on South Street and 20th. It was a cool bar with a decent beer selection, enough to keep me happy. We ordered a drink, and then this guy suggested we get a table so we can have dinner. We had dinner, and then he wanted to go shoot some pool in the back but there was some kind of tournament going on. I was hoping this would be my out to end this date early, get home, get a good night's sleep... something I've been lacking lately. The other guy had the idea that we should go bowling. I know I like to bowl, but it's definitely not the best first date activity, especially when it's just 2 people. You can't talk to the other person because they are constantly bowling when you're not and vice versa. It's a good date with friends, but 1 on 1, it's a little hard. We went to Lucky Strike which is ridiculously expensive for 2 people to bowl, and I felt bad that he insisted on paying for it. We bowled 2 pretty quick games, which started off with this other guy being a rather atrocious bowler. It was cute because he clearly is not a bowling enthusiast like I am, but he wanted to do something that I wanted to do, and he was trying his best. I gave him some pointers (I'm not the best bowler, but I usually do alright) and he got progressively better throughout the game. He was like my bowling prodigy. After the game we hung out on the couch and were talking for a bit. I pointed out the Flyers game that was on and tied in the third quarter. I knew that he's a huge Flyers fan, and that he probably would rather be watching the game than making small talk with me. I suggested we move over to one of the other couches where we could better watch the game. He was very pleased with this, and all of the sudden he was all over me. It was such a strange transition, I didn't really know how to interpret it. One minute we were barely touching, the next he had his arm around me, rubbing my shoulder as he explained what was going on in the game to me. Clearly all it took was some hockey to break the ice. He explained the whole end of the game to me, overtime and the shoot out, and the Flyers won in the end. It was an exciting game, he told me I was a "good luck charm." He did kiss me as we were hanging out on the couch, and I did kiss him back. He asked me to hang out later this week, but I'm already seeing Mr. Perfect tomorrow, and the rest of my week is booked. I don't know if I will make the effort to see him again, but I'm pretty sure he will. He already texted me today, not 24 hours later. I don't feel guilty about it... at this point it's no different than last year with the acupuncturist and the Israeli.

When Mr. Perfect decides that he wants to date me and only me, then hopefully I will be ready to do the same. For now, I'm going to take it as it come, and stop taking this 2 week thing I have going on with Mr. P so seriously.

3 comments:

Debbie said...

All you needed was hockey to "break the ice"...HAHAHA too funny! I love the pun there! You probably didn't even notice it, but I was cracking up when I read that.

Anonymous said...

Man, Debbie beat me to it. I was gonna leave the exact same comment.

Liz said...

Keep us updated on the adventures! Mr. Perfect vs. New Guy! Ohh the drama- :)