Sunday, March 18, 2007

Spring Cleaning

Last night the acupuncturist came over. I had so much food left over from Friday's dinner party that I insisted he come over and help me eat some of the food. I still have a ton left... Anyway, I've been really trying to make this work with the acupuncturist for almost 2 months now, but I can't deny that my feelings are not there as strongly as his seem to be.

He came over around 6ish, and instantly was all over me. (However, for the acupuncturist, being "all over" me is just kissing) I was not in the mood, because my feelings just aren't there for him instantly, and it takes me a while to warm up to him. He also brought me a present... not flowers this time, a book. A very sweet gesture, and he's definitely the type who thinks ahead and likes to do very sweet things like buy me a book that he had been telling me about. It's nice, and I'm sure he went out of his way to get me something he thought I would like. I feel like a jerk for taking it though... because I really don't know how much longer I will continue seeing him... if ever again.

We had dinner and talked, and it was good. I was slowly warming up my feelings for him, and eventually we ended up in my bedroom. Things did progress a little bit further than they have in the past 2 months, but still, compared to other guys and situations I've been in, this is still very tame and very slow. We spent most of the time, lying on my bed - dozing in and out. It was nice, but honestly I don't need a napping partner. Around 10:30, he said it was getting late and he had to get going home. I checked the time... 10:30? Late? No... he must be mistaken. Times where he had been over on work nights he has stayed much later. I was irritated by this, because I could have made other plans for my Saturday night that didn't end at 11pm. It was St. Patrick's day - and I turned down many friends' offers to go out drinking last night, not to have my night end before most of theirs began. I was irritated, and for the second time in 2 nights, albeit with 2 different guys. He could tell I was upset, and kept wanting to talk about it. Obviously, I wasn't going to say, yeah, you ruined my night by being a loser and needing to go home at 11pm... No, I said something along the lines of - There is so much time that passes in between when we see each other, and it takes me a while to feel comfortable with you again, and then when I do... you leave. Guilt trip. Awesome. I could tell he felt bad, and at that point I didn't even want him to stay, because my feelings were retreating back to unattraction. So he left, feeling badly for how I was reacting to his leaving. And I was not backing down. So, we'll see how long it takes for him to call me. To "talk about this" although, I have nothing to talk about really.

This week has been a cleansing week, I feel like I've gotten rid of a lot of clutter and quite possibly, both boys I was dating. It's like an early spring cleaning. Now, all that's left are the dishes from Friday...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Man oh man..if you need a "napping partner," I'm always available for that ;o) teehee!