Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Rut

Went on a date with the acupuncturist today. It started early, around 5ish. We went to Starbucks and had some tea, and talked for a while. It felt like a weird thing to do, have coffee at starbucks after dating someone for well over a month at this point. It was like a re-visit to the earlier dates. Not that I feel like I have this great connection with him yet. Conversations are still kind of awkward. Compared to how comfortable things are with the Israeli, it's like night and day. With the Israeli I'm comfortable enough to let myself into his apartment, and our conversations are usually more daily life oriented, rather than getting to know you conversation. It is like we've been together for a lot longer than we have. With the acupuncturist every date feels like the early dates are supposed to feel. And it hasn't gotten easier yet. I'm taking things VERY slow with the acupuncturist, while the exact opposite of slow is how things happened with the Israeli.

So the acupuncturist and I went to starbucks and then to Joya for dinner (mmm. Thai.). We finished dinner relatively early, and came back to my apartment. And he must think I'm either the most prudish girl ever, or he is very patient. Either way he hasn't pressured me to move this physically much further than kissing. He stayed until about 10:15, so it was a decent date in length. There was a brief introduction to my roommate, and then I kicked him out. He probably would have stayed much longer had I allowed him to, so maybe he's not as patient as he's trying to come across. We'll see how long this lasts... at this point, he's already talking about plans for April.

I think this may be getting boring with only the same 2 guys. I kind of miss the thrill of the possibility a date could bring. Now I know what's in store before I'm even on the date. I feel like I'm stuck in this dating rut even though I'm enjoying what I'm doing, for the most part.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes...you need more boys to date! I'm bored of Israeli and Accupuncturist. Israeli is a jerk and Accupuncturist doesn't seem to be exciting or interesting enough for ya. Let's find a new boy! haha!