Saturday, March 24, 2007

Exits and Continuations

It's been a while, and I apologize. Really there's been nothing new to write about. The acupuncturist called me on Sunday night to "talk about last night." I had nothing to say, just as I had nothing to say the night before... and continued to tell him that. Basically, he repeated what he said, that he sees nothing wrong with leaving at 10:30/11 on a Saturday night. Obviously, I disagree. I am a master of twisting things when I want out of a relationship to make it so I don't actually have to do any of the ending of things. I don't like endings... but sometimes it just has to be done. The acupuncturist did not want this to end. He kept saying, "well maybe we both need to think about things, and talk later in the week." I reassured him that no, I did not need to think about anything, and nothing was going to change for me. I told him if he thought things would change for him (like staying out past 11 on Saturday now becomes acceptable), he was more than welcome to contact me, otherwise don't bother. (and yes, I really did say that using almost those words verbatim.) He said that he really wanted to think about things, and if things changed he'd call. I told him I wasn't going to hold my breath. The end. (acupuncturist exit stage left.)

Now onto the Israeli. I thought I had heard the last of him when I did not answer the call waiting on Friday night. I was irritated - for sure - but so long as I don't invite him out to any more group activities, I can still spend time with him one on one. So I returned his phone call, a little while later, but there was no answer. I knew he had lost his cell phone.. so I didn't call his cell, but I left a message on his home phone. I didn't hear from him all week, so I figured he was mad that I was irritated with him for leaving on Friday, and didn't want to talk to me. Thursday morning, I wake up for school as per usual around 6:45, and check my cell phone for the time, get in the shower, get ready for work. As I was going to put my cell in my bag on my way out of the door, I checked my phone again, and noticed I had a missed call. Weird. No one calls me that early in the morning (unless there is an emergency or something - which is of course what I think when my phone rings that early in the morning.) It was the Israeli, and he had called me at 6:50 in the morning. That was surprising. After having not heard from him in 6 days, I kind of expected not to hear from him, ever. And I was going to let that go, although I was going to have to call him to get my pillow back from his place - however I did consider even letting that go as well - it's just an extra pillow. So I returned his call, about an hour later, and again... no answer. So I left a message, and just kind of shrugged it off. I still didn't care enough. After school on Thursday I was online and he IMed me. He asked me if I was angry with him, to which I responded no... because I wasn't. Then he asked me why I hadn't called him all week, I threw that one back at him with the fact that I had called him last, and he didn't return my call until Thursday. His excuse? He lost his phone. Um.. yeah, but that didn't stop him from calling me Friday night or Thursday morning! So, yeah, I mentioned that, and he said he lost the paper which said what number his speed dials were, and he could have sworn I was number 7, but it turns out I'm number 8. Wow. So that was a pretty detailed response for the reason why he hadn't called. He asked me if I wanted to come over later that night. I already had dinner plans with friends, but I told him I would come by afterward.

I got to his place around 11, later than I had planned. He was being so sweet and nice when I got there, and he kept apologizing for leaving on Friday night. I told him it was ok, but he apologized over and over - and told me how much he missed me. I didn't know really how to respond to that. There were things I missed physically about seeing him, but I didn't really miss him all that much. It was nice though to know that if I was angry with him, he might actually care. Still, it doesn't change the fact that he is leaving in just 2 short months now, and that I am not interested in interacting with him in public situations.

That being said, I am going to dinner with him tonight. It will be the first time that we have actually eaten in a restaurant together. Weird. We've eaten together plenty of times, and we don't eat in all that often, so it's strange that we've never actually sat in a restaurant and had a meal together. He also will meet my roommate tonight, which means he will be one of 3 guys in the past 6 months since she's lived here that she will get to meet.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So when do I get to meet him? teehee!