Monday, March 05, 2007

Juggling

I went to Connecticut this weekend for my brother-in-law's sister's baby's christening. On Friday night, after I returned from the Israeli's, I spoke briefly with the acupuncturist. He invited me to a see a show with him on Saturday night, but I had already made the plans to be out of the city, so obviously I couldn't go. He was clearly disappointed, and since I hadn't seen him since last weekend, I could tell he was trying to figure out his schedule to see if he could see me this weekend at all. I invited him to come down to Brooklyn after he was done work (he had a late appointment on Friday night and would have been done around 9 or so.) but he had to be up early to do a lecture Saturday morning, and I had foolishly agreed to teach Saturday school this past week as well. Needless to say, it didn't work out for Friday, which was for the better for me anyway. I had already seen the Israeli that afternoon, and really needed to catch up on my graduate school work in which I have been falling farther and farther behind.

After getting up way too early on Saturday, and teaching 10 5th graders remedial math skills, I boarded the metro-north to Connecticut. Saturday and Sunday were nice days spent in the country on my sister's in-laws' farm. There was good food, good drinks, and good times spent with family. I also got to play with my new camera, and take pseudo artistic pictures.
Baby Fist - My favorite picture of the weekend.
Coming home on Sunday, I had made tentative plans to meet up with the acupuncturist for dinner. I called him to let him know I was getting on a train 2 hours later than I had expected, and wouldn't be back in Brooklyn until about 7:30. He didn't know if he was going to be done in time to meet up, and said he'd call me closer to then. So at about 6ish he called me, and said that he'd be able to meet up later around 8:30 or 9. I would have been fine with that, but he was coming in from Queens and knew he had to work today as well, so I didn't want him to feel obligated to come out and meet me. He said he just really wanted to see me, and he didn't care if it was going to be late. I wasn't sure what my plans for the week were going to be yet, and he wanted to make sure that he saw me before the weekend, since he didn't get to see me this weekend. I told him to call me around 7:30 to see if he really was up for making the hour long trip on the train to and from Brooklyn.
About 15 minutes after I got off the phone with him, my phone rang again, I half thought it was going to be the acupuncturist canceling plans for the night, because he realised the absurdity of it. It was the Israeli. He was calling to see if I was back from Connecticut yet. I told him I was on the train but would be back around 7:30. He asked me if I wanted to come over when I got back. Without hesitation, and without considering that I already made tentative plans... I said yes. We talked for a little bit longer, and the girl sitting next to me was giving me strange looks because I had clearly just made two dates with two different people for the same night. As soon as I got off the phone with the Israeli I called the acupuncturist. I told him that tonight probably would end up being too late, and I was getting up at 5 to go to the gym (true!) so I shouldn't be out late and could we reschedule for Tuesday? We agreed to Tuesday, and I felt really weird having just juggled dates between the 2 guys I am seeing, neither of them aware of the other's existence. The Israeli knew I went out with the acupuncturist on Valentine's Day, but doesn't know of any further developments (not that there is much to speak of besides some tea and coffee, and couple of kisses. Really.)
The show the acupuncturist invited me to on Saturday night that I couldn't make it to? A juggling show.

2 comments:

Logan said...

Woooo! I beat Debbie to a comment!

Anonymous said...

Damn you, Logan! haha! I should have read this last night and left my comment then, but I wanted to save this reading for work today! Grrrr!

Oh the irony of the "Juggling Show" and "Juggling" 2 men - it truly is an absurd world :o)