Sunday, April 15, 2007

Night and Day

Friday night the Israeli invited me over for dinner. At first I had thought I was just going to go over as usual, we'd watch a movie and then go to bed. Our usual evening activities. But he told me that he wanted to make me dinner, and had prepared this amazing meal for when I got there. I haven't had a guy cook dinner for me in over 2 and a half years, when I was living with my ex, and he wasn't really cooking for me (when he did cook), it was essential day to day cooking. The Israeli had prepared for me his "specialty" dish, which was fettuccine with a pesto/alfredo sauce with sun dried tomatoes and chicken, and there was a salad of tomatoes, carrots, pine nuts, basil, and feta cheese in olive oil. I brought a bottle of wine. I helped him with the salad when I first got there, and we sat down to my first boy-cooked meal in a very long time. I was so impressed. I could tell he was trying really hard to make a good impression, and he succeeded. He mentioned again about me meeting his mom when she arrives in 2 weeks. It makes me really nervous, and I'm not sure why I would want to, it's kind of awkward. I'm not his girlfriend. So how do you introduce someone like that to your mother who is visiting? This is the girl I've been sleeping with for the past 3 months? I'm not so uncomfortable about meeting his brother who is coming to stay a week later than his mother. They are both staying for an extended time though. His mother is staying for a month, although she will be traveling to other places during that time: Boston, Chicago, etc. His brother is staying for 2 months, but they are traveling to the west coast when the Israeli is done work at the end of May.

The rest of the night was great. After dinner, the Israeli took out some strawberries and grapes, for dessert, but that didn't happen right away. We spent a few hours making out and eventually got back to the fruit, and a movie. We watched Children of Men, and then he was playing more music for me to hear. I was so tired though, it was probably only 1:30, but I was exhausted. I ended up falling asleep on his shoulder on the couch while he was playing with his music. We went to bed not long after that, and he was very cuddly, wanting to hold me, etc. It's all very nice, but I have to keep reminding myself that he is not my boyfriend. At night I need to remind myself of this, in the morning, it's pretty evident. He is 10x less affectionate in the morning, consistently than he is at night. After he gets out of bed in the morning, it's like a totally different person. With the exception of a kiss goodbye usually, once we are out of bed in the morning, there is little to no affection displayed. I'm fine with that, and it helps me when I go home to not be overly expectant of anything to come with him. It's hard when there are such extremes, it's literally the difference between night and day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I don't know how you do it, Er. That's why I had to get rid of Orthoboy...I couldn't handle it emotionally. It would only be prolonging the inevitible and I could feel myself getting more and more attached.