Sunday, November 04, 2007

No Action.

So it continues... Last night, I hung out with CK, again. This time we went to see my friend's show and we went with my other friend and her fiance. Another double date of sorts, which was fine. The whole date was fine. Although, it's starting to feel like it may never progress further than fine. We're definitely dating, although I don't know how this is supposed to work in his supposed "open relationship." I would be pretty pissed if I found out he was dating someone else here, but if he already has another girlfriend, why does that matter?

The details of this date are not exciting nor very important. He came to my house around 6:30, and I made sure he didn't actually come inside my house because my parents and grandma were there, and I wanted to avoid a completely premature awkward scene. My best friend and her fiance met us there, and the four of us drove up to central Jersey to see a play. The ride was nice. We listened to some good tunes and talked, and it was fine. The show was good (Debbie was awesome), there was some hand-holding and couplely actions like that... but nothing new to speak of. After the show, we went to dinner with my friends, and it was a good, comfortable time. The drive home was fine. When we got back to my house, my friends left, and we kissed briefly, and then he left. No more action than that, yet.

So while I'm still waiting for some action more than holding hands and kissing... there are some positives here. Debbie says that it didn't feel like he was "new" to our group of friends and that I act better around him than I did with any of my other exes. This is a good sign. We were less physically awkward around each other this time, which was a good development and I think it's progressing positively. My friends like him, he continues to be interested (or so it seems) in me. He has the habit of asking me what I'm doing on certain days, and then never really inviting me to do anything. Like the concert, he told me about it but never really invited me to go to it... I think maybe in his mind, telling me about something, or bringing it up is his way of inviting me? I'm not sure, but for now, I'm the one who continues to make the plans, and he's very receptive to it, and reciprocates with the appropriate responses for someone who is interested in a relationship. Well, maybe not a relationship - but whatever it is that we're having right now. Fun? Still nothing more than hand holding and kissing, and it's been six dates already. I don't think I've ever waited this long in any other relationship I've been in. I'm not saying I'm ready to sleep with him, but I think I'd like to move this a little further on the physical scale. On Thursday of this week, it will be a month since our first date and when I see him on Tuesday, it'll be 7 dates worth... so we're averaging over a date a week. That puts him with the most actual dates in this blog, with the exception of the Israeli (who doesn't count... and me spending the night at his apartment hardly constitutes dating...). He also wins for the least amount of action with someone I've blogged about multiple times. Maybe I'm rushing things, maybe I should enjoy the slow pace this is progressing, clearly rushing things never worked in my best interest before. So, slow and steady wins the race? I'm going for the gold.

2 comments:

Logan said...

I heard Debbie gets naked in the play. Is that true?

Debbie said...

I love this post...and why do I love it? Because it mentions ME multiple times! HAHA! No seriously though...I like this boy, but the BFPE is really getting on my nerves, and I may have to "eliminate" her. haha! Oh and in response to Mr. Logan - wouldn't you like to know? wink wink! What's REALLY under that sheet?! haha!