Monday, October 09, 2006

in 3's

Last night was date #3, with the 3" guy, 3 weeks after our last date. Actually, all 3 dates have been spaced out evenly... 3 weeks to the day between each one. I guess my last ditch effort worked to some extent (see below). Friday night after I posted the blog, freaked out a bit about being so lame, I went to bed around 2 am. I had just drifted off to sleep, and was in that hazy half awake, half asleep phase, when I heard a noise... it was one of those times where you hear something you recognize, and you know you should react to it. My first thought was... that's strange, I didn't set my alarm tonight. It was my phone, and it was 2:30, and it was the 3" guy calling me. After I have convinced him that no, he did not in fact wake me up (I am a liar!), he proceeds to tell me that I should have signed up for his volunteer thing earlier because apparently that night he had a party for all of his volunteers at some bar. Oh well. We talked on the phone for a while, not necessarily marathon length, but the conversation was over an hour. He asked me what I was doing for the rest of the weekend, and we decided to go out again on Sunday night. (making it 6 weeks to the day since date #1, and 3 weeks to day since date #2)

So last night was the 3rd date. We met up at the corner of 20th and 6th, near his work since he was working yesterday. We walked down to 3rd avenue, and back around up to Park on 19th where we stopped in for dinner at Duke's (note: same place I went to with the mullet guy). We had dinner, talked, laughed, cheered for the Eagles. It was all very nice, I guess. Maybe I was just tired, or maybe I wasn't finding him as entertaining as I had before, or maybe Duke's isn't a good place for me to date... whatever it was, I wasn't as into him as I had been on the previous date. I found less to talk about, but that's ok. He managed to carry the conversation for the both of us. I'm not saying it was a bad date. It most definitely was not! It was a very good date. And I had a lot of fun, it was just maybe too built up in my head because I was so convinced on how much I liked him. After dinner, he was very tired, and wanted to go home. He invited me to go back to his place, in Astoria (not close!), to hang out and watch some tv. Yeah right. But ok, I decided I'd go, hang out for a bit, and take the train home later that night. I had nothing else to do, why not? So we went back to his apartment... and somewhere on the N train the old feelings kicked back in. Maybe it is Duke's, and I need not to go there anymore on dates - it's good food, but it kills all romantic feelings whatsoever. I was glad that I had decided to come back with him.

Once at his apartment we hung out for a bit, talked, he gave me the "grand tour" of his one bedroom apartment, which surprisingly ended in the bedroom. We made out for a bit, but I was being unreasonably and uncharacteristically shy. I'm not sure why, I think it has to do with the fact that I go through these crazy 3 week cycles between dates, and I didn't want to get too far in over my head on this one. But I was being much more reserved than I have ever been. He really must think I'm crazy. But I managed to relax a little bit, we made out for a bit. We were just lying there together and then he says to me, "so, you're staying over right?" I didn't know how to respond to this. It wasn't like he was inviting me to stay over. I really had no intention of staying, but it was late by that time, and the trains are not the most reliable, if he wanted me to, I would. So my response was, "I don't care, if you want me to." Which I knew would piss him off because he said to me earlier in the evening that I don't care about anything and that I always say "I don't care." In my defense, the only reason I say "I don't care" isn't to placate the guy, it's because I honestly don't care. So he kind of sighs an exasperated sigh, and I say something about not having my contact stuff with me. To which he replies that he has an extra case that I can use. I take this as a sign that he does in fact want me to stay. Thus, I spent the night. This is the first time I've spent the entire night with a guy since May. I didn't sleep well, and I was very consciously aware the whole time of where I was in relation to where he was. He slept kind of in the middle of the bed, so I had to sleep close to him the entire night, and he kept his arm spread out under me for a good portion of the night, which made me think he must have been uncomfortable like that, so I tried to sleep over his arm, or below where it was resting on the bed. Over all.. it did not make for good sleeping for me. But it was nice.

Look, I even got a souvenir to take home.

Pretty, isn't it?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HAHA! What is this guy? Dracula?! Man, he certainly does "mark his territory"! I'm glad you're having so much fun with him though. And don't worry - you'll never be as crazy and psycho as I am ;o)