Thursday, October 26, 2006

boring in brooklyn

Back in the habit of serial dating. I actually had the opportunity to have 3 dates in 3 days this week, but I declined to have a date with a 3rd guy tomorrow night. I may look into seeing last night's date some time over the weekend, I am not sure though if I want to put forth the effort into making plans, or if I should let him ask me out.

Tonight's date was nothing special. It was actually more along the lines of boring than anything else. The guy seemed kind of shy before I met him, but he wasn't necessarily shy... I think it's better described as socially aloof (I wouldn't go as far as to say awkward...) and just kind of dull. We met at the Tea Lounge in Park Slope, but it was crowded and there was no indoor seating, so we sat outside to drink our coffee. It is not outdoor eating/drinking weather anymore. I was COLD. It's not that cold out right now, but it's cold enough that if you spend 2 hours outside, you are going to be chilled straight down to the core. My feet are still cold. The conversation was either boring or slow, and he was uninterested in having the natural give and take of a conversation... so a lot of topics ended with me just trailing off, and him just sitting there. He asked questions and then seemed completely uninterested in the answers. And he did not engage in asking any questions on top of what I had said, so I just kept talking until there was nothing more to say. And then moments of silence. Alright. Well, I tried. I went out, and I tried my best and that's all that matters. It was short, just a little over an hour or so, but by the time I got home, I had been out for 2 full hours, and most of that time spend outdoors on this chilly October evening. There's nothing even interesting to write about the date. It was just wasted time.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

**cricket cricket cricket** Well now you can focus your efforts on the other boy...I still like him the most! I think you should make an effort with him, but let HIM contact YOU still :o)

Anonymous said...

I do love reading your blog. That sucks! To have a crappy date and be cold on top of it. Hey, maybe go for the one tonight...it can't be worse than this one, right? :)
~ E