Thursday, October 12, 2006

Honesty

Maybe my last post for the subway stalker. I had a run in with the subway stalker earlier this week which required me to be honest to the depths of my soul and just tell him once and for all, I did not want him to call me anymore.

Here's how it all played out:

Tuesday morning I caught the A train (which runs express for all you non-subway connoisseurs) in hopes that it would catch up to a C train (the local), which I would transfer to, one stop before my school's stop. The C train was at the stop I needed it to be, but the conductors have a knack of being power hungry and close the doors right before you get on. So you really have to make a mad dash across the platform, which is exactly what I did. I run, literally, onto the C and to my luck, who is sitting right in the seat across from where i just ran in?? Yes. The subway stalker. Now I could have been mean (he already thinks I am), there were 2 other teachers from my school in the car, and I could've gone over to them and ignored him completely. But I was feeling kind of shocked and it was too early for me to think of anything, so I stood by the door and just said hi. He went on to talk to me about he thanks God everyday for his job, and I have no idea where this came from.. we were on the train for maybe 3 minutes. He definitely talked about God the whole time. So I thought it would be fun to tell him that I don't believe in God. He then goes on to say that he thanks God everyday for all the good he has brought into his life blah blah blah... and I say, but what about the bad things? He thanks God for those things to. I don't know, if you ask me, I don't thank anyone for the bad things that happen to me. In fact there's a lot of taking the lord's name in vain and unpleasantries when bad things happen to me. I just rolled my eyes when he said the whole thing about thanking God for the bad things too, and since we were out of the turnstile, I thought this was where our interaction would end.

Oh no. He says that he'll walk me out. Like to school? He's going to walk me to school? I'm not sure if this was his intention or not, we never got that far. He mentioned how he wasn't going to call me again, because I had never returned any of his phone calls. So if I wanted to, I could call him. My guilt conscience kicked in then, and of course I started saying how my phone had broke and I had to get a replacement (true), and in the process I lost all my phone numbers (lie - but it didn't matter, his number isn't in my phone anyway.) As I'm saying this, I'm hearing a voice in my head saying NO! WHY?? YOU HAD AN EASY OUT!! He was never going to call me again, if I didn't call him. Easy enough. I'm never going to call him even if did have his number. Why did I have to open my stupid mouth? His reply was, So you want me to call you then? I pause, think about all the times I felt bad when he called and called, and I never picked up. How I thought i should've just been honest with him from the start. So I turned to him and said, No, I don't want you to call me either. He was really taken back by that comment. Personally, I was too. I was proud of myself though. I was honest and now I don't have the fear of the subway stalker hanging over me every morning when I get on the train. I might see him. Maybe we'll say hi. But I made it clear that I am not interested. Honesty, finally.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

YAY finally!!! See? Honesty is the best policy when it comes to dealing w/stalkers ;o) If he still stalks you, then you call 911!!! haha!

Anonymous said...

Way to go! Invest in some mace as well - you never know...ah!
ASHACAPOOR!

Logan said...

"In fact there's a lot of taking the lord's name in vain and unpleasantries when bad things happen to me." -- Hillarious.