Monday, April 12, 2010

Good Stuff.

I'd be lying if I said that I hadn't been really looking forward to last night's date. A lot. I had a lot of fun things planned for this weekend, but I was MOST looking forward to Sunday night, at 9:30... that's a rare thing. Sunday nights are dreaded times, as the weekend comes to an end and the work week starts. But last night couldn't come soon enough! I had a lot packed into this weekend, work, a game night at my house which required lots of cooking and cleaning on my part, & youth group stuff. Throughout all of this, I probably averaged about 4 hours of sleep a night starting Thursday night through last night.

I was obviously very interested in this guy after our first date, and wanted to see him again. My friends made sure I knew NOT to text/email him first, I'm going to play this one by the rules, no matter how much I want to otherwise. Friday, I was tempted to text him, but I didn't. Around 2:30, I was in my friend's classroom, in the midst of telling her the date story, and he sent me a text. There was much squealing and giggling as we texted back and forth, setting up a date for this Sunday night. He works until 9:30, Saturday - Tuesday, so we decided on Sunday night, later, at the bar that is very close to my house (close enough that I walked there!)

So Sunday night 9:30 finally rolls around, and I was really tired, but excited at the same time. I headed over to the bar, and he was driving up just as I was getting there. I don't remember if we hugged or not, or if we just walked into the bar... the beginning of the date is kind of fuzzy in my mind. I'm not sure if it was because I was tired or because I cared more this time, but I felt like I wasn't being as good of a conversationalist. But we ended up staying there for a good 3 and a half hours, talking. So it couldn't have been so bad. By 1:15, I knew I had to get home as it was a school night, and it wasn't a good idea already to start the work week on a sleep deficit. So, as we're leaving, he asks if he can walk me home. Seriously!! He ASKED if he could walk me home. It was so sweet. Of course, it was late, and not that I live that far, but it was such a simple, yet sweet, gesture. If I hadn't already liked him, I would have after that. So he walks me home, and gives me a slightly awkward kiss good night (what first kiss isn't??), but it was interrupted by my dog barking at us through the window. I started laughing, and he asked me if I was laughing at him or the dog. I assured him that it was the dog, and definitely NOT him. He asked me what my plans were for the week, and when I'd be free to hang out again. I mentioned being free on Friday. He asked if I was free anytime before then, during the week. We have plans for a 3rd date on Wednesday night. And I'm looking forward to it just as much as the 2nd.

Right now, I'm doing my best to not project. Or set expectations. I wish I could say I'm not getting my hopes up, but they are. There's more good stuff to come, hopefully.

1 comment:

Debbie said...

WOOOHOOOO!!! This is so exciting!