Monday, March 01, 2010

Compromised.

The blog has been compromised, but as an honest blogger, and someone who is years away from all this drama, I don't really care. But I'm getting ahead of myself...

When it rains, it pours. Right now, my life unfortunately is raining ex boyfriend drama all over me. Not in a good way, either. So, I mentioned in the previous post that I have been spending some time with Mr. Perfect, this was just the beginning of my rain storm of ex-interaction that has surfaced over the past few days.

In the previous post, I wrote that during the play I received an email from my ex's sister... I need to back up, a few posts, and remind you that when I was posting about the potential of meeting Google's mom, I posted about my ex's mom, didn't say nice things, and mentioned that my ex was now married and he had posted about how his family had ruined his wedding. What I didn't post was that I had commented on his post, mentioning that I was proud of him for breaking free of his parents controlling ways, wishing him well, because regardless, he was 2 and a half years of my life, and I do wish him well.

Back to the night of the play, I saw that I had received an email on facebook from my ex's sister. His name was the subject. I felt an all too familiar knot in my stomach, something I hadn't felt in well over 5 years. I could feel the drama seeping back into my life, and if I opened the email, it would be full-fledged back in my life. Curiosity of course gets the best of me, and I opened the email. I should post the whole email here, but honestly, I don't care that much. It was a 5 paragraph email, regarding my post on my ex's post about his wedding, that went on and on about how awful of a person my ex is, how all he does is lie, how his family was actually very good to me, and how my entire relationship with him was based on a series of lies between his family and me, none of us knew the truth. Also, when we broke up it was my ex's idea to box all my remaining things up, put them outside the door, and change the locks - not his family's. At this point, I'm not sure I care whose idea it was, or why it happened. It was 5 years ago. I'm over it. She then goes on to tell me about how his family paid for his new wife's engagement ring, awesome, and all the drama that surrounded my ex's wedding and why they are no longer speaking to him. All of this is none of my business, and really has nothing to do with me. She ends her email questioning why I am on my ex's side now, after he said such horrible/awful things about me, and I should know that he really was nothing but a liar, but did like my mom the best (yay, mom! haha.) Reading this email was a bit surprising to me, because I had been away from all of this for at least 5 years. My ex and I kept in contact a bit throughout the years, probably up until the time when he drove down to my parents house, the last time I saw him, 3 years ago, but it was all very platonic, and I would have never ever gotten back together with him. Despite all of that, I still spent over 2 years of my life with him, I knew him very well, and I don't care who's telling the truth and who is a liar and who said horrible things about me, I want my ex to be happy. I didn't respond to the email, I didn't even think about it, his family issues are NOT MINE anymore.

I went on with my very busy weekend, there's the 3 guys (who are down to 2 right now, I think...) I'm trying to set up dates with, there's getting over Google, there's building my friendship with Mr. P, I have other things on my mind. So, this afternoon, while I was at work, I checked my email, and was just a little surprised to see ANOTHER email from my ex's family. Although this time, it was not from his sister, but from his step-mother. Remember, the one I posted not nice things about? Yeah, so again, that now all too familiar pit in my stomach reappears, but the subject line caught my eye a bit more, "WOULD LOVE TO TALK TO YOU" in all caps, kind of stands out. Really? The step-mother of my ex boyfriend, who did tell me at one point in my relationship with him, that she did not like me in the beginning of when I was dating him (only when I stood by him after he stopped paying the electricity bill, cable bill, etc, and I had just PAID to get our cable turned back on, when the electricity got turned off, and collectors were calling the apartment EVERY DAY, only then did she tell me that she thought I was good for him). Ok, so back to the email I got today. She starts off by apologizing for anything I think she did to me, and mentions something about being controlling, and how she always thought I was a nice girl and my ex's reasons for breaking up with had nothing to do with her or her husband. WHOA. Ok, back up! I went back and re-read the post I had written to my ex, which obviously his family had found. I wrote nothing about his step-mom specifically, just some general comments about his family, said NOTHING about his parents being the cause of us breaking up (I said they were our issue of contention - but they weren't the reason we broke up - it was actually a fairly civil break up before the locks were changed and my stuff put outside, I wasn't happy - he wasn't happy, there was no point in continuing that any longer.)

So, I was kind of confused where this email was stemming from, and I noticed that some of those words sound like what I wrote a month ago in my blog. So I went back and checked. Sure enough, I called my ex's step-mom a controlling bitch, I also mentioned that early in relationship my ex had told me that his step-mom and dad told him to break up with me, which he didn't and was not the cause of our break up. So... is my ex's family reading my blog? My guess is yes, so is this opening the door to more emails? for more drama with my ex's family? If they are reading this, please know this: My relationship with my ex ended 5 years ago, on our own accord - not because he lied to me or because of his financial situation, but because as it sometimes happen, two people just aren't right for each other. And we each moved on. I have long since made peace with that. I wish my ex well, I hope he's happy, and I do not want to get involved in any family drama. The end. (I hope)

More exes resurfaced this week too. There was this guy I dated in college. I met him at my sorority house, one night he was there with a bunch of his fraternity brothers, I think one of them was dating one of my sorority sisters. He was super persistent, and somehow I ended up dating him for a few months. He was never right for me, and when we dated he treated me like crap. I was really young at the time, and foolish, and the more he treated me badly, the more I wanted to be with him. (wait, this sounds slightly familiar - Google?) I remember wasting a lot of tears and nights feeling awful because of him. And he was never, ever nice to me. This was a solid 8 years ago, and I haven't spoken to him in nearly as long. He would occasionally get back in touch throughout the end of my senior year/summer after, to try to get me to hook up with him, but that never happened. I don't remember the last time I saw him, I was probably 21. Well, he friended me last night on facebook. I debated whether or not I should even accept his friend-request, and eventually decided to, figuring it could do no/little harm. Today, I got many posts from him, on my pictures, on my posts, on my wall. It got to the point where my friend texted me to ask me who this guy was! I have no idea what exactly he thinks he'll accomplish by getting back in touch, but I can't believe this was someone I ever wasted my time on!

What's next? My high school boyfriend? There's something to be said about leaving the past where it belongs.

1 comment:

Debbie said...

Wait a minute...don't poo-poo the idea of the h.s. ex getting back in touch with you...I loved him! haha! Actually, I would think the next ex to come back would be "The Israeli"...that would make more sense for him to pop up in your life again! lol!

Well if you get another email due to this blog, I can't wait to hear about it! I guess I can understand why they'd write...I would probably do the same thing if I read something someone posted about me on a blog...just to put my own mind at ease. Was it necessary? Nah! Did it make them feel better to tell their side of the story, whether you respond or not? Probably!