Thursday, August 20, 2009

No One's Girlfriend.

Today may have been the longest 5th date in the world. Well, probably not, but it did span 12 hours entirely. From noon til midnight, I was in the company of PJ (new name for the bad kisser - it seems unfair to keep calling him that), and it was quite a monumental day. It started off with him coming to school with me, with every intention of him helping me set up my classroom. I'm freaking out a bit about this, because I'm leaving for Hawaii on Friday, and I have done NOTHING in my classroom. I came in today, with PJ, and the floors in my room had just been done, not dry yet, and I couldn't move anything in! I could have done my bulletin boards, but that I don't really need help with, and would have been quite boring for him. So I just paraded him around the school, where he got to meet a bunch of my friends. He wasn't overly social, but he held his own alright around a group of girls who were doing a lot of squealing and giggling about dates (theirs, not mine - obviously!). Once we left, he asked me if this was just a clever rouse to get him to meet my friends. It wasn't, he was the one who took off of work today to hang out with me, and I needed to set up my classroom... It wasn't my fault that I couldn't get in there!

After 2 hours at school, we left and headed back to my place with the intentions of taking a nap before going to a movie tonight. Well, that never happened. We had a much needed talk, and a sort of DTR (for those of you who are new, DTR = "define the relationship" talk). So the much needed talk had to do with something I needed to tell him, which went over just fine. I had spent many days/hours practicing how I was going to say it, and it turned out, I ended up saying it in the most ridiculous way ever... but all turned out ok in the end, and things are just fine, for now. I told him that I didn't think I was ready for a serious relationship just yet, having just ended mine a few months ago. I just don't feel ready to be someone's "girlfriend" again just yet, and he seems to be ok with that. I did tell him that I'm not currently dating anyone else, just not looking to be so serious so fast. We never made it to the movie, spending most of the day in bed, napping/talking/...., we then took a walk and went to dinner. I also forced him to watch "He's Just Not That Into You" to prove my point about why I wouldn't have ever called him during that 4 day lapse when he didn't call/text me (yes, I know it's a movie, but it makes a very valid point... if a guy is interested in seeing you, he'll get in touch.) This came up today because one of my friends at school just started dating someone, and he made a point to say that he's not going to play the games, and if he wants to call her the next day, he will. He's not going to wait X amount of days to call, etc. I gave PJ a very pointed look during this story, which led to our discussions at dinner, and thus the movie.

I'm really glad that we have the week and a half that I'm away to put some space/time between this. Everything does seem to be moving at warp speed here, and I can't figure out how to slow it down. He's a great guy, I've enjoyed every single date we've had so far (with the exception of the kissing on date 2), but let's be honest, it's summer. I have all the time in the world, very little stress. Dating in the summer is EASY. Way easy. Dating someone who lives 45 minutes away (with no traffic!), while I'm working 3 jobs, and trying to balance everything else in my life, might not be as fun. I'm willing to continue to see where it goes, and if it works out, great. If it doesn't, I'm still hopeful for the best, wherever it may be.

3 comments:

Debbie said...

You are a busy bee! I'm so impressed with your extreme bluntness and honesty with this guy. First the kissing and now the DTR! :-)

Unknown said...

I have to start dating like you!

Brooklyn Girl said...

Felicia, let me know if you want me to make you a match profile, I'd be ALL about it. :)