Friday, August 07, 2009

3 dates.

Saturday will be my 3rd, possibly final, date with the bad kisser. I hadn't anticipated a 3rd date with him after the events of this past week, but of course, nothing ever turns out the way I anticipate it. Last weekend, after I posted the blog about the bad kisser, I discussed the issue with many friends. It was split - some people believe that bad kissing is a deal breaker, and others think that if the chemistry is good otherwise - then it's something that can be worked on. I am still undecided... I needed just one more date to tell. After our first date, Bad Kisser texted me the very next morning, telling me what a nice time he had, etc. We texted and talked on the phone almost every day between our first date and our second, so imagine my surprise when I didn't hear from him the entire next day after our second date. Not only was I upset that he didn't check in to make sure I got home alright, but no word from him whatsoever. I was NOT happy. So, I was SURE I would hear from Sunday. Well Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday came and went with no word from the Bad Kisser. I logged into match to see if he had been active, and sure enough he was active within 24 hours (this story is starting to remind me of the end of the relationship with T). Needless to say I was confused. Did he think I was a bad kisser? Am I so out of practice that I was misreading his "interested" signals?? Well, unless he's a flat out liar... saying "I want to have a 3rd date..." is usually a key sign that you're interested. I logged in later on Tuesday to rework my profile, and I noticed that the number of people who had me on their "favorite" list had dropped by one. I checked, and sure enough the Bad Kisser had un-favorited me. I was PISSED. At this point, I almost wanted to do something crazy, but this hopeful dating train I'm on doesn't have any room for crazy. So, I did the next rational thing, I checked the emails that he sent me through match, but noticed that I couldn't click on his profile. So, he had taken down his match.com profile entirely. This struck me as odd for a few reasons, the first and foremost being that you usually only take down your profile completely when you're dating someone exclusively and don't want people to contact you. That or you are getting an overwhelming number of responses and just can't be bothered... Somehow I doubt that is the case with his. Others mentioned that maybe his subscription had expired, and I'm fairly certain it did, but you can still leave your profile up even if you're not paying. I'm not sure it qualifies as a reason to remove your profile. But regardless, I hadn't heard from him in 4 days since our last date, he took down his profile, case closed. I was DONE.

So, I'm telling my friends this on the way down the shore last night, when I check my phone, and who of all people had sent me a text? The Bad Kisser. Of course. It wasn't even a message that said anything like, Sorry I wasn't in touch for the past 4 days, a piranha ate my phone and i had no way of contacting you.. or something good like that. No. It was a very short, "How was the rest of your weekend/Dad's birthday? My week's been busy" text. And I'm supposed to do what with that? So I sent a very casual text back (not before scrutinizing over it with 5 of my friends), "My week was fine, I'm in wildwood right now." or something along those lines, basically... I'm great, having fun, you're not included type text. So he texts me back about how much work he's had to do, how busy he's been (STILL not apologizing for not texting prior), and that he hasn't read any more of Atlas Shrugged. At this point, I had 4 too many drinks, was not making much sense, and texting seemed like a good idea... no worries, I just mentioned that I hadn't read the book at all, and I was drinking way too much at the moment. He didn't text back. And I didn't hear from him ALL day. So, again, instead of giving him the benefit of the doubt, I assume he was put off by the one drunk text - that was not even initiated by me... and write him off once again. Until, he called me at about 9:30 tonight. He chatted with me like there wasn't an entire week's span between the last time we talked at all. I wasn't sure how to proceed, and I was not going to suggest doing something with him, if he wants to see me, he'll ask me out. And eventually, he did get around to that. So Saturday night, we're going to Iron Hill Brewery (Yes, that's 3 breweries in 3 weeks and 3 dates for me.) I wish I could be as hopeful about this date as I was for the other 2, but he's got some serious strikes against him. It could be 3 dates and he's out.

4 comments:

Debbie said...

Haha too funny! I love how you got mad even though you really aren't that into him. I would totally feel the same way though! haha!!! Yeah...I still say to end it w/him. I couldn't date a bad kisser. It would turn me off completely.

Anonymous said...

TESTING!!!!!! lol

Anonymous said...

FINALLY! I love this guy! He is clueless and you will be able to mold him perfectly.

Anonymous said...

Also... why in the hell am I coming up as Mrs. Smith?!?!?!?!