Tuesday, March 25, 2008

48 Hours and then some

Starting on Friday night, Mr. Perfect and I spent an entire weekend together. No breaks, no space, and very little interaction with other people either. We had a wonderful weekend from the time he picked me up on Friday at 5 until he left my house late Sunday afternoon (around 5:30). As if that weren't enough, we also went out Monday night, not 24 hours later, and still I did not feel like I was getting tired of him or running out of things to say. I met his family this weekend, and he spent some time with mine as well. There's not much to say in terms of exciting or interesting or amusing things that are happening, but it's an overall feeling of wonder and amazement at how content I am.

I was talking to a friend today who had talked to another friend of ours who had met Mr. Perfect last weekend. My first instinct was to grill her on everything that the friend said about him, to gauge whether or not she thought he was a good match for me, or if she totally disliked him. My friend didn't have much information about the topic, and I quickly realized that it doesn't really matter to me whether my friend liked him or not, because I like him. I think this is what has always been lacking in my relationships. I've always been so borderline like/hate with the guys I've dated, I've constantly sought the approval of friends and family to tell me if I was right in actually dating the person. With Mr. Perfect, I feel secure in what I know about him to know that he is in fact good for me, at least for right now. I don't need the approval of anyone, and while I would like my friends and family to like the person I am dating, I don't need anyone to tell me he's great, because I know he is.

There's a huge lifestyle change that comes with being in a relationship when you've been virtually single for the past 3 years or so... It probably deserves it's own blog entry, but I am realizing how much time I once had for all the little things in life that right now I'm finding hard to cram in just the essentials. Spending full weekends together is wonderful, and I'm glad that I have found someone that it comes so easily with, however the necessities in life, laundry, lesson plans, catching up with friends, are all harder to find time for. I need to start managing my time away from Mr. Perfect better so I can enjoy the time we do spend without worry.

1 comment:

Debbie said...

I'm glad you found Mr. Perfect :o) I can't wait to meet him!!! My Mr. Perfect said you guys should come to the second weekend of his show, which is April 11th and 12th. So, pick a date and let me know!