Thursday, March 06, 2008

Enamored

Mr. Perfect told me the other day that he was enamored with me. I didn't really know what to say to that, but the feeling is quite mutual.

Last night, he met 3 of my work friends. Because I see them everyday, and talk to them more frequently than anyone else, they probably know the most intimate details of my time with Mr. Perfect. I don't mind him meeting them, and he was going to have to meet them next weekend since he's coming to a work outing with me, I figured I'd get it over with in a small setting. All went well with the exception of one of my friends (who we had told wasn't allowed to say anything more than just hi, nice to meet you, very simple/basic conversation because she has the tendency to say things sometimes that maybe shouldn't be. She did fine with the introduction and keeping it simple, until she says "I could say a lot more, but I'm told I'm not allowed to." It wasn't as bad as I thought, because really she could have said a whole lot worse, but I could tell he didn't know what to say to that, and I was clearly embarrassed. I ushered him quickly out and into the restaurant, apologizing on the way...

Dinner was great, we went to the same restaurant we had gone to on our first date. It's become very casual and very comfortable with him. We went to the movies after that, and saw a very bloody No Country for Old Men. It was good, and we both had wanted to see it since it won the Oscar, but I think I spent more of the movie looking away that watching it. My car had (another!!) flat tire (yes, I'm getting new wheels soon.) and he had bought a bike pump at Target that he tried to use to put some air in my tires. That didn't work so he followed me to the gas station, where he proceeded to fix my tire, yet again. We went and got Starbucks following that, and called it a night, relatively early, at 10pm.

I'm meeting his friends on Saturday, for his friend's husband's birthday party. It's going to be a large group of people, and Mr. Perfect has already told me he doesn't like going out in these settings due to his social anxiety (which I have yet to witness) - should be fun.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Typo:
"...more of the movie looking away that watching it."

Brooklyn Girl said...

Logan is now officially the Editorial Assistant for "Diary of a Dating Disaster." Pay = $0, the prestige = priceless.

Debbie said...

Wow...this friend of yours who says the wrong things really messed up without saying much at all! haha!