Sunday, March 09, 2008

Bye Bye Blog.

I have a boyfriend. This hasn't happened to me in over 2 years, where I actually sat down, had the DTR, and it resulted in me having a boyfriend without any side notes or stipulations on the relationship. Well, before the DTR, Mr. Perfect actually referred to me as his girlfriend. Last night we went out with his work friend and some of her friends for her husband's birthday. I was being introduced to these friends, and Mr. P hesitated slightly but clearly called me his girlfriend. The social awkwardness was apparent while we were out, but to be honest, I wasn't being incredibly social myself. I was tired and cranky from being up at an ungodly hour for a Saturday (5am), having eaten only one real meal (@ 7am on Sat.), and having run a 5k at the gym (in under 35 mins - a new record for me, which I'm proud of, but it was exhausting!)... all of this contributed to me being not social and not very fun. I should have taken a nap, and Mr. Perfect and I tried to a few times in the afternoon, but we ended up watching a movie, and well.. not sleeping.

My car needs a new rim in the front passenger side. Besides dating, this blog has recently been a good place to vent about my tire woes on my new car. All those flat tires from the time of CK to now have caught up with me, and I bent the rim on the front passenger side, and I currently am riding on the spare. I can't drive over 50 mph on it, and being the gentleman that he is, Mr. Perfect offered to come pick me up on Saturday so I wouldn't have to drive on my tire. He picked me up around 3, and we had a few hours to hang out before we needed to go to his friend's party. At some point during this time I should have eaten a real meal (not just pretzels and jelly beans), and taken a nap, which would have allowed Mr. P to get everything he needed ready for his gift for his friend's husband. Turns out, we needed to be there a half hour earlier than planned, we spent all of our time doing the things neither of us needed to be doing, and we were running late. Once I mentioned that I hadn't eaten anything more substantial than pretzels and jelly beans in the past 12 hours, Mr. P offered to stop and get food, but that would have made us even more late. The place where the party was supposed to be had a power outage, and the party was moved to his friend's apartment. It was fine once we got over the whole social awkwardness that both of us seemed to be displaying. I ended up talking to one guy for a long time about food (note: I was really hungry at this point), and he used to be a chef, so he had some incredible stories. We talked for probably a good half hour -45 mins, and I could feel Mr. Perfect watching us. I tried to signal to him to join us, but he either didn't notice or didn't care. It was fine and I really don't think he was that concerned. But I did feel bad that I was spending more time talking to another guy, and not spending time with Mr. P, when I was there as his guest. After that, a rousing game of Guitar Hero broke out so all conversations pretty much ceased, but I didn't partake. I skipped the birthday cake and I think I actually started to fall asleep on the couch. I'm sure I made a wonderful first impression on his friend.

When we left, I was so tired that the hunger was beyond me. He insisted on stopping at WaWa to get me something to eat anyway and going in to get it while I rested in the car. I don't remember much after getting back to his place, my main concern was getting into bed.

The DTR happened earlier in the morning today. I don't recall how it was brought up, but he did mention how he didn't know if he should have called me his girlfriend last night. We talked about it, and it's official, I'm no longer dating anyone else. Today we spent the day together, and unlike last time, spending over 24 hours together seemed easy and natural. I wasn't getting frustrated or irritated with him, which is a good sign. We went shopping together, I needed new running shoes and he needed new jeans (again). He took me to brunch at a place I had really been wanting to go to, and then we proceeded to go to DSW, Trader Joe's (he had never been), The Gap, Old Navy, and Marshall's. After all of that, I was rather spent. He came back to my place, and I invited him in, knowing full well that both my parents would be there. He met my dad, as he had already met my mom briefly. He didn't stay long, but it was a significant gesture on my part.

Now, the hard part. When do I tell him about the blog? It feels like a betrayal to not tell him, but I don't want him to read it. I don't know if he'd be able to find it if I told him about it... but people in the past have found it relatively easily, and he's not technologically slow. Maybe it's time to call it quits. I'll try to post entertaining or amusing tidbits that may be interesting to blog weekly, but I can't promise anything.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are you NUTS?????? NO... NO...NO... Do not tell him about the blog, don't hint about the blog, take the blog down if you have to (hope you don't do that) but by all means... DO NOT TELL HIM ABOUT THE BLOG... it is WAYYYYY too much information, information you will never know about him and information he should never know about you. Unless you have a deep desire for your relationship to crash and burn INSTANTLY... DO NOT TELL HIM ABOUT THE BLOG.

Anonymous said...

I vote keep blogging.

Debbie said...

I agree w/anonymous. DO NOT tell him about the blog. It's like a diary...there is no reason for me to tell my boyfriends about my diary. I'm sure he doesn't want to read about all of your past boyfriends and dates...I wouldn't want to read that kind of stuff about any guy I was in a relationship with. If he finds it, that's fine...but don't mention it to him or give him the link.

Liz said...

I agree, do not tell him about the blog- and do not feel guilty about not telling him! Also I agree with Logan, and keep writing, even if it seems boring. Hey people are reading about what I eat, writing about being in a new relationship is way more interesting and a good way to document/remember how it all started.