Sunday, January 27, 2008

Fool Me Once.

Well, it seems I have jumped to conclusions with the new guy. There will be no DTR this weekend, and no need for a blog name because I'm done. (Thanks for all the suggestions though! I think I should have a blog name contest for the next guy who needs one!)

We originally had plans to hang out on Saturday as I had mentioned in the previous post. By Friday night, I hadn't heard from him at all since Wednesday, so I sent him a text that just said, 'still on for tomorrow?' I didn't hear back from him Friday night or Saturday morning. Around noon, on Saturday I got a text that said that he had to work and get his stuff together for an unexpected trip to DC. Ok... so it's probably not a lie, and I'm sure he had a lot of work to do. I'm still dealing with the fact that I'm so jaded from CK that I automatically disbelieve everything that is told to me. It's not that I think he's lying, and he might be, but it's more that he texted me the day of the planned date. If he had a trip to DC, then he probably found out about it on Friday at the latest, and could have called or texted me before I had to inquire if we were still in fact on for that day. And even if he did for some reason find out about it on Saturday, then he should have called to tell me. Anyway, I decided, though, to give him the benefit of the doubt and not completely write him off yesterday. I chalked a lot of my initial anger and upset to the fact that I was having a really awful day. I had yet another flat tire on my less than 4 month old car, and went to go get the tires checked out once and for all. I waited around for an hour and half, only for the mechanic to tell me that there was nothing they could do for me because there was no relock key and they refused to blow the lock off the tire because they didn't want to be responsible for any damage done to my car. I also found out that my checking account has been compromised and someone has my routing and account numbers and is using it sign up for adult services websites. Awesome. So now I have to deal with changing my entire account over, and making sure I include to transfer everything that is connected to that account. And never use my checking account for anything again, because clearly the internet is an unsafe place.

So basically, my day yesterday sucked. Thankfully, I have great friends who took me out and got me drunk on wine, and all is good in the world again. Today, still deciding that this new guy needs a chance to redeem himself or at least prove that he's man enough to tell me he's not interested in person, I decided to call. I left a very friendly voicemail, just asking him how his weekend was, that I had been looking forward to seeing him this weekend, and maybe we'd hang out when he got back from DC. I have heard nothing back from him. Yes, it's only been a couple of hours since I called, but after 3 years of serial dating, the signs are pretty clear, pretty fast. Of course, when you're waiting for news from one guys, old ones resurface. That's right... who of all people texted me today? CK. No worries, I'm not getting back into that. But I find it so ironic that as soon as I'm wanting to hear from someone else, others resurface. It's like a scent they can detect or something.

Back to square one. I'm bummed that things didn't work out with this guy, but at least I know early enough that I wont be scarred like others have done. I've been here enough over the past few years, but when I look at where I was a year ago, just meeting the Israeli... and dating the acupuncturist, and 2 years ago with my ex who was unemotionally available and I should never have dated, and 3 years ago when I was single and happy... I think I'm glad to be back where I first started. Again, I'm swearing off dating for now... but that never lasts. I'm sure I'll be back in the scene in no time.

2 comments:

Debbie said...

Sorry I didn't text you back last night...I ended up leaving my "Laundry Date" around 9:45pm! I'll update you later ;o)

CK sent you a text message last night?!?! I will have to give you a call after work today and find out about that one! So now that his lesbian lover is back in Canada, he wants his Jersey Girlfriend back. WHATEVER!

Oh..and you don't have to lie about the dirty purchases you made w/your checking account. It's ok...just come clean and admit it ;o) teehee! j/k!

Anonymous said...

dear dear bg,

may i recommend the following site:
http://www.thework.com/index.asp
(put it into your browser) and i invite you to take a visit.

i've been where you've been . . . i know how it feels to hurt. ask me anything.

love and hugs from texas,
someonejustlikeyou :)