Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Mmmm... brains

Maybe I'm on a lucky streak? 2 good dates in a row? With 2 different guys? This is something completely unheard of. I'm sure it has something to do with the awesome new shoes I've been rockin' all week (please note the pink elephant located on these sweet shoes)!

Regardless of my fancy footwear, which my date did compliment tonight, it was another fairly spectacular event. Not as intricate in the details as last night, but still a really good time overall. I met up with this guy in Philly. He lives near the art museum so we decided to meet near there at a local coffee shop. It was very cool, and we were pretty comfortable with each from the get-go. We had a lot to talk about, which isn't surprising to me, but it was in the aspect that I didn't feel like we talked about date type things. There was very little small talk, and a lot of deep discussion going on. I felt like he was someone I could talk to for hours.

We had coffee, and talked for nearly 2 and half hours and we really talked about everything ranging from politics to music to marriage (not between us of course, just the idea of it in general). It was natural and very non-date like. I had a large cup of coffee, on top of the excessive amounts of caffeine I had already consumed today, I talked a blue streak. I don't think he minded too much, he seems like the good listener type. I did apologize a few times for the amount that I was dominating the conversation, but he claimed he was very interested in what I was saying. And I really believe him. He asked me plenty of questions about myself, and I did the same. There was a natural give and take of the conversation. I know it's not the longest date I've ever had, and usually anything clocking in under 3 hours I usually write off as not enough time to make a good judgment call. However, because this date was just coffee, and no meal or activity to distract from the conversation, I will chalk it up to a pretty successful date. We parted ways around 8:45, so exactly 2.5 hours. The goodbye was a little awkward, he mentioned that he had been really nervous about the date prior, but had a really good time. I agreed and he said that he'd give me a call. No hugs, no kisses, nothing physical at all. I'm ok with that, because it wasn't that kind of date. I hope he calls. Whether he will or not, I'm not sure, but at this point I'm glad just to be dating intelligent people again (not that CK wasn't smart, we just never really had any conversations that struck me as intellectual), and getting my brain back into this dating business. I've decided I'll take brains over brawn any day of the week.

3 comments:

Logan said...

Aw man, I thought this was gonna be a fear factor date about eating brains.

Debbie said...

I prefer brains over brawn also. Oh and I LOVE the shoes!!! I SO want a pair now!!!

Anonymous said...

We need a pic of the shoes. Pretty please.

And was this a Jdate guy? If so, please explain why you limit yourself to that, er, site. I'm curious. Isn't there a librariandate site?