Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Tiny Texan

Tonight I had a date with the Texan. We decided we were going to meet up at the Tea Lounge at 6. I arrived early (for once!) and got some tea, settled in reading my book. He showed up about 15 minutes late, but it was fine. I didn't really notice the time, I was so confused at how small he was. For some reason, in my mind I had thought he was 6'1". I could have SWORN that's how tall he was... but apparently, I got him confused with one of my other dates later in the week. So.. he was not only short (maybe 5'6") but he was what I would call petite. Short and skinny, and I'm not a short or skinny or petite person by any stretch of the imagination... When we sat next to each other on the couch at the tea lounge, I felt a bit ginormous.

He was really nice though, and smart. We had tea and talked for a while. I had been concerned about differences being a bit of an issue. He's a vegan. We talked a bit about that. We talked about school, and libraries (he's a librarian - and has taught before too - a teacher and librarian, we do at least have things in common). But I don't know how well we connected. I couldn't tell if he was just shy, or not interested. I enjoyed the evening though. The date lasted about 2 hours, which was long enough. He walked me up to my street, and we parted at the subway stop a block away.

It was a good way to start off the week of dates.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HAHA nice! I can picture this little dude with one of those shirts that says "Don't mess with Texas!" HAHAHA! I'm glad you had a nice time even if you didn't make a love connection :o) Ooooh and funny story: Lax sent JDate a picture of me, him and two other people from the JChat party..and now we are officially on the site..if you go to the "Chat Page," our picture is posted!!! I'm now the official JChat model..hahahahaa!