Saturday, January 27, 2007

Next.

Last night I had a second date with the chivalrous acupuncturist. I wasn't expecting it to be so soon after the first, but he called me on Thursday night. He told me he was going to be visiting a friend in Park Slope on Friday afternoon and asked would I want to see him later around 8ish. He also felt the need to mention that he was anxious to see me again - like I couldn't already tell that? I had to be at a school function until 8 or so Friday night, so we agreed to meet up at my apartment around 8:30.

We met up in the blistery coldness that was last night and walked to a small middle eastern restaurant near my apartment. There were no flowers, no acts of chivalry, and it was all very nice and "normal" as far as dates go.

After dinner, we walked back over to my apartment and I invited him up. He got the grand tour of the living room/kitchen (not allowed back to the bedroom yet!) and we ended up making out on the couch for a while. At some point I started complaining that my fingers were throbbing. I have pre-mature arthritis in my fingers and hands that comes out especially when it's really cold (like it was last night) or when it's raining. He motioned for me to turn around so that my back was facing him, and he then proceeded to give me the best massage down my entire upper right side, ending in a very nice finger/hand massage which helped my fingers feel better, then the left side, and finally he had me lay down on the floor and he gave me an full back massage. It was phenomenal. I've never had a professional massage, and I'm not assuming that this is what they are like, but it's a lot closer than anything I've ever had before. I guess that's a perk to dating a guy who does things like this for a living.

He stayed pretty late, and I was tempted to ask him to stay over. But I refrained. I have not had a guy spend the night at my apartment since last year when I was with my ex - and it would be opportune since my roommate is out of town for the weekend... but I'm not in any hurry to get in over my head with this one. I still wonder about the connection we have. We have a good time together, but there is a definite noticeable lack of things to say. There are lulls that feel awkward to me, and maybe that's ok since it's only the second date.

I have a date with the library school kid tonight. We're going to eat at the dining hall (actually I don't know if this is true or not, but I kind of hope so!) Ooooh, exciting.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was sure that after the roses, he'd show up with chocolates! haha! Nice about the massage though - nothing is better than a man who gives nice massages (ok..well SOME things are better, but we won't get into that...haha) ;o)