Thursday, January 04, 2007

Good Game

D and I met up for dinner last night at Joya. That makes 3 out of 6 dates at Thai restaurants. I think he's avoiding restaurants that would require him to use a fork. Anyway, we met up at Joya, which is a little troublesome for dating because of the noise and how crowded it can get; but he wanted to eat there, so we decided to risk it. It turned out to be a great night to go, it was practically empty, we sat nowhere near the kitchen, so it's much quieter already. Although the bar area can get crowded and loud, last night it didn't. The food was quick and as tasty as it always has been, I was very pleased. We were done with dinner in about an hour though, which made it still relatively early in the evening. We walked up Court St. and stopped outside BookCourt and cover-browsed the books in the window. We got into a good discussion about YA magic fantasy style books, which as a future children's librarian, I have plenty of knowledge. And he thinks we have nothing in common. Pssh.

We went to the bar that is on the corner of my block for a drink, and I introduced him to the world of Maker's and Ginger (a fabulous drink I was introduced to last winter), and I had a glass of red wine, which D was quick to point out that I have only drank wine on all of our dates. Wine is my safe drink, but the only time we had been in bars previously, both were wine bars and I usually order wine with dinner rather than a cocktail, although sometimes a beer. Ok, enough of my drinking history, no? We had drinks, and since it was still early, D came back to my apartment with me. We talked to the roommate for a bit, and she exposed my messy habits, even though my room speaks for itself. I have cleaned it substantially over the past week or so, and for me, it's actually really neat, but um... I think D was kind of surprised that my room had been messier than his in the very recent past, because as it stands right now, he still probably thought it was pretty messy.

So we hung out in my clean/messy bedroom for about 3 hours. (Yes, I'm saying hung out, because this is not THAT kind of blog, and intimate details need not be posted. I'll let all of you use your vivid imaginations.) Around 11 though, he suggested that we play a game of Scrabble. I'm not sure if it's really a good idea to start a game of Scrabble at 11 pm on a work/school night... but I didn't have an hour trip home on the 4/5, he did. And if he was game, so was I! So we played a very competitive (or at least as competitive as I can be - and I'm not all that competitive to begin with - at 11 pm) game. I scored some pretty killer words, starting off with dormant, some triple word scores in there too, a pirate (which he stole with an S), and pasty. Yup, pasty - on a triple word score. Awesome. It was very close in the end but D beat me, 287 to 284. But I'm a gracious loser, and it was a really fun game. The first non-Wii game we've played, so really the first time I've ever posed any sort of real competition. I think I represented fairly well.

He leaves for a business trip for a week on Saturday and I'll be in the Poconos this weekend, so I won't see him before he goes. A whole week without a blog? Maybe I'll find something of note to post about... get myself a new subway stalker, or something.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

YAY for Scrabble!!! I LOVE that game!!!! :o)