Thursday, September 07, 2006

The Return

Well. It was bound to happen, I guess. I was fooling myself if I really thought I would go all year without seeing the Subway Stalker. So, this morning he ended up on the same train, same car, same entrance to where I was sitting. What are the odds? I was (thankfully) sitting with one of my co-teachers, and talking to her. He walked into the car, and I noticed someone standing near to me, so I looked up, and made eye contact with the subway stalker. I think for a second I was like literally in shock, kind of made a face. He sat down next to me. All I could think of was, I hope this guy doesn't talk to me.. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE. So thankfully, I was able to turn right back to my co-teacher and actually ignored the fact that he was sitting directly next to me. He very quickly after that got up and changed seats. Well that was easy! I felt very relieved... but I have a feeling run-ins like this are going to happen all year, and there is not always someone else there for me to talk to... Maybe on those days I'll ride different cars.

Other updates: There is not much new in this area. It's been a SLOW few weeks dating wise, which is fine with me, as I am really consumed with beginning of the year school stuff. A day or so after the date with the 3" guy, I texted him, just to say Hi and thank him for the date. He called me back right after he got the text, and we talked for about half an hour. Shorter than the marathon conversations we had before, but I felt like the conversation was still good. And then he said something weird. He says... "I don't want you to think that I don't want to hang out again, because I do... but I'm really busy for the entire month of September." Um. Ok. I didn't know what to make of that comment. I am also really busy for the entire month, between the beginning of the school year, going home almost every weekend, and the other weekend being spent in birthday celebration, but honestly... I'm sure I could spare some time, or make time. I don't know. It felt sincere, but at the same time, it was a weird thing to say. We've emailed a few times back and forth, but I'm not getting a very "interested" vibe from him. So that's that. The rest are gone, and I can't update anything much about them, since I haven't talked to most.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I knew Subway Stalker would strike again! At least he seems to "get" that you're not interested though! haha! That's a step in the right direction ;o)