Thursday, July 27, 2006

An hour for lunch...

So my last date was nothing noteworthy. Except that I made quite the ass out of myself. I had been chatting with the jdate guy, and he mentioned that he was leaving the office for lunch, and asked if I wanted to meet up for coffee on his break. So I showered and got dressed and met him over at a coffee shop not too far from where I lived. He ordered my coffee, and I'm looking in my purse for my wallet. My wallet is somewhat large, easy to find in my bag. I'm looking, looking. He doesn't even notice and has already proceeded to pay the cashier... I am relieved about that, and thank him graciously. But all I can think about is "Where is my wallet??" I remember having it last night... and he's talking and talking, and I'm trying to pick up bits and pieces of the conversation so I can seem as if I'm paying attention. This is not good. All I can think about is where my wallet could be... hoping and willing it to be in my apartment.

So we finished coffee, and the jdate guy, god i can't even remember a thing we talked about the entire time, is debating whether or not he really needs to go back to work. I read this as, I want to spend more time with you.. and I'm like.. um, I need to go to my apartment. And basically just start walking back towards my place. He doesn't seemed deterred and comes along. Ok, normally I would be completely creeped out by a guy I don't know following me to my apartment, especially without invitation, but I just needed to get back and look for my wallet.
So, I leave the jdate guy in my living room and proceed to search my bedroom. At first I didn't see it, and I started racking my brain, over and over.. where could it be? Poor guy is sitting on the couch in my living room, and it was hot yesterday, no fans on, nothing. Just sitting there. Finally I found my wallet under my bed, and calmed down a bit. At this point, it's no surprise that the guy decided he really should go back to his office for work... and not continue the date any further. He was nice though, very polite and well mannered, but even if I hadn't lost my wallet, I doubt there would have been anything there anyway. Well at least I found my wallet.

The next week is shaping up to be a whirlwind of dates. I have no idea where they all came from, but there are a lot to come...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well at least you didn't "lose your purse"! HAHA!