Sunday, July 26, 2009

A Time-Machine

Well, at least I can put things to rest with the stranger I've been obsessing over. My friends are right, there is an idea there that is impossible to live up to in real life. If I had a time machine one of the first places I go would be to the day I sent that email in which I admit to being a crazy girl. Chalk that up to a life lesson learned. Seriously though, as much as I've been fixated on this person, it didn't really dawn on me that he is just a person, nothing greater than that. I think there's something about being attracted to someone's talent, and someone's strengths. I'm pretty sure that's what it was for me with this guy. I'd love to say that it was the amazing date I had yesterday that helped me to see the light (and yesterday's date was quite spectacular, maybe hope isn't such a bad thing!), but it was actually another irrational act of mine. I sent the stranger ANOTHER email. Yes, yes, I'm pathetic, but it was something I had hashed and rehashed with friends, and it came down to needing to do something. And this time I got a response, maybe not the response I was hoping for, but at least it was something. And it turns out he actually had written me back after my crazy email, but I never got that one. He attached it to the email he sent me today, and damn, if he isn't just a seriously nice guy. If I could climb into a virtual hole and hide there for a while, I would. So, a good guy gets away... irrational behavior NEVER pays off. I need to write this out, because the next time I am contemplating acts that I know are wrong, I will have this to reflect on. And maybe I won't need to get that far, I will blog about yesterday's date soon. I'm still reveling in the glory of a good date, mixed with the emotions of shame and embarrassment from what happened with the stranger! I want to be able to write about yesterday with a clear mind, and as the foggy haze of obsession is starting lift, I will add more later. Let's just say for now, the 2nd date is already in the works! :)

And don't forget, the Israeli will be on his way, staying here, not too far in the future. His visa was approved on Thursday, but thankfully he hasn't purchased any tickets yet! While re-reading the time we dated, I started to second guess that decision for him to come over to stay here, for such a long time!

2 comments:

Debbie said...

Ok so now I want to know what he said in his first AND second email to you!!! I can't believe you didn't post that! haha!

Liz said...

can you shorten your trip with the israeli??