Sunday, October 14, 2007

Double Date

On Friday I went on a double date with the guy from Monday. I went with my best friend and her fiance and the guy. It was strange to have a second date as a double date, but it turned out fine enough. My friends drove into the city, and we picked up my date on the way. I was pretty nervous about my friends meeting this guy, especially because I still don't know the direction this is going in. My friends also have really never thought any of the guys I've dated were really good enough for me... so I always worry about what they think (not that it's ever stopped me before).

Anyway, we picked him up at his place and headed to Northern Liberties. We went my favorite bar/bowling alley, and had dinner. Dinner went really well. There was some time spent the four of us talking, and then there was some time spent talking just the two of us. We talked about everything from politics to music, and had a good time with my friends as well. We got around to bowling after dinner, and I sucked completely. I'm not a very good bowler on a good day, but on Friday I sucked worse than ever - all of us did actually. Well my date was the best of all of us, which I think was a good thing. I chalk that up to Wii bowling. I must invest in one so I can improve my bowling scores.

After 2 atrocious games of bowling, we hung out for a while at the bowling alley and then headed over to Center City for some delicious gelato. We were a good foursome, we each spent time talking. He talked to my friend while I talked to her fiance, he talked to the fiance while my friend and I hung out, and he and I got to spend a good amount of time together as well. We stayed at the gelateria until they closed. We drove my date back to his place. This was the part I was worried about. Should I walk him to his door? Should I say goodbye to him in the car? I decided to walk him out. He gave me a hug and a kiss on the lips, a little more romantic than last time, but still not a "make-out" kiss (which was a good thing - my friends were waiting in the car). He said he'd like to get together again, and I told him to call me (which I don't do!) and he said he assured me he definitely would... whatever that means.

What I'm struggling most with is deciding whether this is going to go in a friend direction or a relationship direction. My friends want me to invite him to a hayride we're going on next week, but I think I'd like to have another one on one date before another group date. A group date could push things into a more friends-only category. If we could hang out one on one, I could see better where I think this going. I'll just wait and see when I hear from him, and decide what I'm going to then. But so far so good... maybe mother does know best.

3 comments:

Logan said...

Wii bowling is NOT the same as real life bowling. Mostlyd due to the weight of the ball. I actually am interested in information search processes or human information seeking behavior.

Anonymous said...

Well, next time you want to talk ISP or HIB, let me know.

PS. that comment is not related to this blog. FYI.

Debbie said...

I agree with Logan about Wii bowling. I was amazing at Wii bowling, but you saw my real life bowling...I was worse than you! haha! :o)