Monday, September 17, 2007

How you get here.

So there have been a lot of hits on this ol' blog lately... and I have to say some of the people finding this blog are probably not looking for it. Some of the strangest ways some people have come to read my rants and raves about the dating world caught my eye.
Today's top 5 ways that my blog was found were through the following Google searches:
5. Dating an Israeli (I can answer this question for the one who is looking for answers... it sucks. don't do it.)
4. jdate for non jews. Well, people... they call it Match.com, and it's open for everyone. Again, Jdate is not for Jesus.
3. Summer Corduroy. Hmm. I don't know. really, I don't. Probably a no-no, but so many people wear white after labor day these days, I think all fashion rules are null and void (Except for tapered jeans, with a belt and a tight polo shirt. That one still doesn't work in my book.)
2. brooklyn girl blog dating disaster. Ok, so this person was probably looking for the blog... but c'mon who doesn't have the link out there? Bookmark it already people.
1. What date does summer end? Well the answer is not here, but I know it. The equinox is on Sept. 23rd this year. Probably not how I would phrase that search, but if you Google that question, my blog is on the first page.

My blog also comes up for first date disasters, second date disasters, ignoring text messages after a date, jdate phone#, my dating diary, and Scott Plasky (seriously feel bad for this one, I didn't mean for that to happen, but whoever googles his name always gets to my page).

I used to think that only people I knew read my blog, but there are people far and wide who read it. This started as just a way to keep my friends up to date on my dates, so I didn't have to retell the same crazy story over and over again. It's become so much more. So even though I'm not a Brooklyn girl anymore, and I don't date in the city either, the blog will live on.

I went on a date last night, as is apropos for the Sunday of my birthday weekend, I'll tell you all about it later. I'm beat.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just to let ya know, i found your blog by googling road signs, one of your blogs was titled signs... i think ... anyway its a damn good read, Greetings from the little green rock on the edge of europe !

Logan said...

I googled my name and this is what happened.

Debbie said...

Oh yay for "n"!!! That's exciting!!!! We need more comments from the anonymous readers!!! I found your blog because you gave me the link, and I put it under "favorites" on my computer (both work AND home)...and now I look forward to all of your updates (and I also look forward to Logan's comments)!!!!

Anonymous said...

wow look at you being all worldy w the blog! since we are far apart now the blog is my lifeline to you.

felicia